In addition to receiving, distributing and electronic filing of all incident and case reports, arrests, traffic citations, accident records and criminal fingerprints, we also provide services such as fingerprinting the public at their request, background checks for prior arrest history information and notary services. Our Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) desk reviews and codes all offense and arrest reports generated by law enforcement staff. These statistics are submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement who is responsible for compiling statewide statistics on a bi-annual basis.
The Central Records Section is staffed between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. We welcome inquiries by telephone, email, fax or in person.
The following is a list of fees associated with regularly requested documents and public records:
- Photo, Video or Audio duplications - $5.00 per CD
- Printed photographs - $1.00 each
- Certified copies - $1.00
- Non-certified copies of public records - $0.15 per page
- Fingerprint transmissions and/or printing Monday through Friday from 1p.m. through 3p.m. There is an administrative fee of 5.00 per card - or transmission. Processing fees charged by FDLE and the FBI associated with the Level Two background screen are the responsibility of the individual or their employer.
- Criminal Background Reports - $3.00 - A Criminal Background Report is compiled based on a name search of Indian River County Sheriff’s Office booking records. The report will have the booking date, charge at the time of arrest and the date of release, when available. Final disposition information can be obtained by contacting the Indian River Clerk of Court.
- Extensive research and reproduction of public records - $15.00 per hour in addition to fees as stated above. - Extensive research begins after the first fifteen minutes of clerical time dedicated to provide the information requested. The hourly rate will be prorated accordingly. A deposit may be required and shall be based on the volume and estimated cost of reproduction.